Duel Academy Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Ojama Madness

Marrillian
    Marrillian

Timezone : Hidden
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Playing TCGs

Ojama Madness Empty Ojama Madness

Post by Marrillian Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:06 am

An Ojama Article

A card by card breakdown of what to use in different successful Ojama decks. To begin with, I will only list the cards that are necessary. In an Ojama deck the focus is usually Ojama Country. To be able to abuse its effect, you need to have cards that contain "Ojama". So even if some Ojama cards seem to slow down the deck, they all have that double bonus.

Basic Monsters Needed:
    2-3 Ojama Black, Yellow, Green:
    By themselves they are nothing special… But are the base of all Ojama decks.

3 Ojama Red:
    He is needed for doing most of the combos in the deck. His ability allow you to SS as many Ojamas in your hand as you can.

2-3 Ojama Blue:
    Not as powerful as Ojama red. He can be used as just another level 2 for xyzs. When he is destroyed by battle, you can add 2 “Ojama” cards to your hand. Depending on what you need, what you should get is different. Sometimes a suicide attack is a good idea.

Spells:
    3 Ojama Country:
    Allows you to SS an Ojama from your grave. But its real power lies in its second effect. “While you control a face-up "Ojama" monster, switch the original ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field.” If you have not noticed, all the Ojamas have 0 attack, but 1000 defence.

1-3 Terraform:
    Ojama Country is crucial for this deck (in most cases).

1-3 Ojamagic:
    Thanks to the effect of Ojama Country, this spell is a double win. You get a SS, plus get to add 1 of Ojama Yellow/Black/Green to your hand. Running three is very risky, because the chance of still having a Ojama Yellow/Black/Green in your deck after using 2 is very low, and a couple of draws.

1-2 Ojama Delta Hurricane:
    Getting all three Ojamas on the field is quite easy thanks to Ojama Red. But in case they aren’t on the field, you can always just use it for Ojama Country’s effect.

Traps:
    0-2 Ojama Trio:
    If your opponent is not running many Synchros, this trap’s effect clogs up their field. Or can just be used for the effect of Ojama Country. Have 1 sided.

Here are what makes up the rest of the deck. The two main differences are if you want to run synchros or xyz. Or you can balance both. In addition you can run the Ojama fusions.

0-1 each: Acana Force EX – The Dark Ruler/Acana Force EX – The Light Ruler:
    Epic attack and defense; with, or without Ojama country are hardly outmatched. And their effects are sure nothing to complain about. Sadly the coin flip is always against me.

1-2 Debris Dragon:
    If you are running Synchros, this guy is needed. He can pull out Ojama King for a easy 8 Synch.

1-2 Junk Synchron:
    A weaker Debris Dragon. But he is not limited in who he can summon.

1-3 Super-Nimble Mega Hamster:
    You cannot use him to thin your deck, but his real purpose is to get Ojama Blue out face down; plus he saves you from one attack. If your opponent hasn't faced Ojama's before, he will likely attack Ojama Blue.

1 Malefic Stardust Dragon:
    This guy is a fast summon. And can save your Ojama Country.

0-1 The Light – Hex-Sealed Fusion:
    Because he needs to be summoned, plus all of the other materials, this card tends to slow down the deck. Side it.

0-1 Delta Attacker:
    If you can get 3 of the same Ojama… yea just a fun card. Just side it for fun.

2-3 Polymerization:
    Needed to get out Ojama King/Knight.

0-2 Lightning Vortex:
    Good way to dump any cards clogging your hand, such as terraform once you have used up all 3 Ojama Countries. But the best use is Ojamagic.

0-2 Hand Destruction:
    Side them in most cases. Its primary use is for discarding an Ojama so you can use the effect of Ojama Country, or dumping Ojama Magic for its effect.

1-2 Tri-Wight:
    This card will get you 3 cards back on the field. Nice if you have an Acana in your hand.

0-2 Instant Fusion:
    If you have a Polymerization, and the cards needed to make Ojama Knight, use instant fusion, and then Polymerization. Then you can use the two Knights to make a rank 5 xyz. Also you can just use Instant Fusion, to get an Ojama Knight in your graveyard, and SS him the next turn with Ojama Country. Side one or both. This card depends on if your deck is leaning toward xyz or Synchros.

0-1 Ojamuscle:
    Um… yea not really the best card to take a slot in the deck.

Extra: Be creative in what goes in the Extra Deck. These are just some that I use.
    1-2 Ojama King:
    The big guys of a normal Ojama deck. When Country is out, this guy packs a great punch with his 3000 defense (now attack), and most monsters won’t have the 3000+ defense to beat him.

2-3 Ojama Knight:
    Instant fusion gets him out, or use poly to free your hand, if you don’t have red. Either way a ok monster to get on the field.

0-1 Iron Chain Dragon:
    Best level 6 Dragon Synchro for this deck.

0-2 Scrap Dragon.
    Effect is amazing. Although Ojama Country hinders him, you can always use Ojama country for the cost of his effect, if you are extremely sure you will win. (Like taking out that only facedown.)

0-2 Stardust Dragon:
    With Starlight road, or if you are running tuners, this card is always a plus. Side one if you are running more Synchros.

0-1 Ancient Fairy Dragon:
    If your opponent is also using field spells, this card is extremely helpful. You get to destroy theirs, gain 1000 life points, and then search out an Ojama Country.

0-1 Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon:
    His effect is good when facing decks with high defense monsters. Or if no Ojama country is on the field, his attack is good enough to handle the average monster.

3 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu: Always include
    With Ojama Country’s second effect, he already has 2200 attack; plus with his ability where he can detach a material and not be destroyed, he can save you many times.

0-1 Number 19: Freezerdon:
    His high defense is a good thing. But the better part is his effect: Once per turn, if you would activate the effect of a face-up Xyz Monster you control by detaching Xyz Materials, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead. With Adreus or Dark Mist, this can be very helpful.

0-1 Number 6: Chronomally Atlandis:
    Just in case you manage to get two Ojama Kings out. Plan on getting a number card in the graveyard first though, because his epic effect is not one to miss.

1-2 Number 96: Dark Mist:
    With the high chance of getting 3+ Ojamas on the field, he can be very useful. Its best to attack the highest attack opposing monster first. (Or the one with the most dangerous ability.) This guy will probably never die from combat, since he gains attack each time, by the third combat he is around 3000+ attack.

Other cards:
    Dark Hole
    Heavy Storm
    1-2 Bottomless Trap Hole
    1-2 Mirror Force
    0-2 Starlight Road:
    Side one.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Ojama Madness Empty Re: Ojama Madness

Post by Marrillian Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:31 am

Reminder to consider Ground Collapse.
    Faye Fang Kaew
    Faye Fang Kaew

Timezone : MST/MDT
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Yugioh, Kpop, ur mum

Post by Faye Fang Kaew Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:28 am

Ojama decks can be really deadly if the player knows what he is doing. Mostly because of their kit and surprise factor.

For one, Ojama King sucks and Poly sucks. Making it a double suck. No decks, ever in the past or future of Yugioh should run Polymerization. It is one of the worst cards ever made. Just because Ojama King is the boss monster of Ojamas does not make him the focus of the deck.

"1-3 Ojamagic:
    Thanks to the effect of Ojama Country, this spell is a double win. You get a SS, plus get to add 1 of Ojama Yellow/Black/Green to your hand. Running three is very risky, because the chance of still having a Ojama Yellow/Black/Green in your deck after using 2 is very low, and a couple of draws."
    This card needs to be ran at three.

"2-3 Ojama Blue:
    Not as powerful as Ojama red. He can be used as just another level 2 for xyzs. When he is destroyed by battle, you can add 2 “Ojama” cards to your hand. Depending on what you need, what you should get is different. Sometimes a suicide attack is a good idea."

"Not as powerful as Ojama red" I'd beg to differ here. Ojama Blue is easily the best card in the deck. He can search ANY Ojama card. He takes away the need of Terraforming because he's one of the best searchers in the game.

I don't know if you know the main combo deck, not a whole lot of people do. If you open with Ojama Blue you should be able to win within a turn or two. Set Ojama blue and let them kill it, add Ojamagic and Ojama Country to your hand. Use Ojama Country to ditch Ojama Magic to bring the three original Ojamas to your hand and to special summon Blue from your Grave. If they kill Blue you special summoned with Ojama Country this is where you win the game. Add Ojama Red and Ojama Delta Hurricane to your hand. The rest is history.

https://i.imgur.com/RiFiCxA.png

This is my version. It works very well. I'll add more details as to why I'm running what I am running later.

Last edited by Four Mod on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:39 pm

Now I'm questioning why I even run Ojama King. After you explain what you're running, I'll update the article. Thanks.
    Faye Fang Kaew
    Faye Fang Kaew

Timezone : MST/MDT
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Yugioh, Kpop, ur mum

Post by Faye Fang Kaew Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:46 am

Ojama Red: I only run him at two because I don't want to draw him really. Having three just clogs and he can be one of the worst things to draw.

Green Baboon: He's pretty much free fodder for Ojama Country. Send him to the Grave and then bring him back later with his effect. He also allows the usage of rank 7 XYZ.

Yellow Baboon: Don't know why I had him in here, was supposed to be two greens.

Snipe Hunter: Works well with Ojamagic. Using Ojamagic with him also allows for a plus for you and a minus for your opponent (most of the time). He can also send Baboon to the Grave. I don't necessarily recommend running him, he's good in or out of the deck. I put him in as an example.

The Tricky: Pretty much Snipe Hunter. I don't necessarily recommend running him, he's good in or out of the deck. I put him in as an example.

BLS: Back when I made this many months ago my build was focused around Chaos, but since they hit Chaos Sorc I changed the build to what it is now. It seems I forgot to take him out. You could run him if you were running 3 Snipe Hunters.

Magical Mallet: Just to get Blue really.

Instant Fusion: Is in there as an example. Only run if you are running at least two Tricky.

Magical Hats: It's a nice niche pick. You can use it and bring out two Ojamagics and get all of your original Ojamas to your hand, or just set one and another card. Either way you are plusing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content