Duel Academy Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

New Testing System

songsong1
    songsong1

Timezone : GMT+0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

New Testing System Empty New Testing System

Post by songsong1 Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:17 am

Only moderators, teachers, judges and admins may test. To apply for a test or view your test results, please go to the forum called 'Dorm Test Duels' under the category 'Duel Arena'. First, a series of 5 ruling questions will be sent by pm to the testee by the tester. Testees will be given a 5 minute time limit to answer all of the ruling questions. The tester will then have a series of three duels with the testee. After these duels,the testee must then send the decklist to the tester by pm. Finally, the testee will then be scored on the following things:

Wins:

0 wins: 0 points

1 win: 5 points

2 wins: 10 points

3 wins: 15 points

Deck Construction:

Deck: 0-20 points

Ruling Questions:

7 correct: 14 points

6 correct: 12 points

5 correct: 10 points

4 correct: 8 points

3 correct: 6 points

2 correct: 4 points

1 correct: 2 points

0 correct: 0 points

Misplays/Rulings wrong:

0 misplays: 5 points

1 misplay: 4 points

2 misplays: 3 points

3 misplays: 2 points

4 misplays: 1 point

5 or more misplays: 0 points

Attitude:

0-6 points

Siding:

Siding hindered the duelist: -2 points

No siding/Siding made no difference: 0 points

Siding helped the duelist slightly: 1 points

Siding helped the duelist averagely: 3 points

Siding helped the duelist immensely: 5 points

Total:

0-65 points

0-40 points: Red-Eyes Hope

41-54 points: Dark Skills

55-65 points: Blue-Eyes Judgment

Last edited by Infernity Doomlord on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

New Testing System Empty Re: New Testing System

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:30 am

atleast i know the system for the test im going to take now.
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Timezone : GMT +0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, computer games, reading and writing.

Post by DuelLegend Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:38 am

This is only a suggestion, John. It's in the suggestions forum.
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:51 pm

lolzers
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Timezone : Hidden
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Playing TCGs

Post by Marrillian Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:41 pm

I still think it should be out of 100... cause that is a real test. In addition, no negative points, either they get points or they don't. Also, attitude means nothing, just look at the show... the people with the worst attitudes were good duelests Razz

And the parameters:
    0-55 red-eyes
    56-75 dark skills
    76-90 blue-eyes
    91+ Exodia

Wins: (is this 3 duels regardless of winning/losing?)

1 win: 10 points

2 wins: 20 points

3 wins: 35 points
    or (best 2/3)
    first 2 games won 30 points

Deck Construction:

Ruling Questions: (big stress on ruling ability)

10 correct: 30 points
    9 correct: 28 points
    8 correct: 25 points
    6-7 correct: 20 points
    4-5 correct: 15 points
    3 correct: 10 points
    1-2 correct: 5 points

Misplays/Rulings wrong:

0 misplays: 10 points

1 misplay: 8 points

2 misplays: 6 points

3-5 misplays: 5 points

6-10: 2 points

Siding: (I'm not sure about siding... but this will get more points out of 100 Very Happy)
    Siding helped the duelist slightly: 2 points

Siding helped the duelist immensely: 5 points (if the test is best 2/3 double all these points.)

songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Marrillian wrote:I still think it should be out of 100... cause that is a real test. In addition, no negative points, either they get points or they don't. Also, attitude means nothing, just look at the show... the people with the worst attitudes were good duelests Razz

And the parameters:
    0-55 red-eyes
    56-75 dark skills
    76-90 blue-eyes
    91+ Exodia

Wins: (is this 3 duels regardless of winning/losing?)

3 wins: 35 points
    or (best 2/3)
    first 2 games won 30 points

Deck Construction:

Ruling Questions: (big stress on ruling ability)

10 correct: 30 points
    9 correct: 28 points
    8 correct: 25 points
    6-7 correct: 20 points
    4-5 correct: 15 points
    3 correct: 10 points
    1-2 correct: 5 points

Misplays/Rulings wrong:

0 misplays: 10 points

1 misplay: 8 points

2 misplays: 6 points

3-5 misplays: 5 points

6-10: 2 points

Siding: (I'm not sure about siding... but this will get more points out of 100 Very Happy)
    Siding helped the duelist slightly: 2 points

Siding helped the duelist immensely: 5 points (if the test is best 2/3 double all these points.)

no offence but uve wacked up all the points so that theyre way out of proportion, we dont need it to be out of 100, we just need it to be accurate
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:54 pm

The lower the total number, the less room for error on the part of the duelest. And I do know I disproportionatly increased the points. Because the stress should be on winning, and knowing ruling. That is why I think it should be 10 questions, 5 just isn't enough to deterimine someone's knowledge. Siding doesn't really need to have that many points, because if the person wins, he wins... Lastly... I am a bit iffy on deck construction, because that can be too opinionated.
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:10 am

Marrillian wrote:The lower the total number, the less room for error on the part of the duelest. And I do know I disproportionatly increased the points. Because the stress should be on winning, and knowing ruling. That is why I think it should be 10 questions, 5 just isn't enough to deterimine someone's knowledge. Siding doesn't really need to have that many points, because if the person wins, he wins... Lastly... I am a bit iffy on deck construction, because that can be too opinionated.
    deck construction is actually very important, although it can be opinionated it is just so important. ofc dueling is important, but the trouble is that a couple of bad hands can ruin ur day. siding is incredibly crucial imo, as it shows how prepared a duelist is for each game and siding is one of the most important factors in competitive play. i will put the number of ruling questions up to 10 but i think everything else is fine
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 pm

I liked when others gave their opinions hint hint.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:31 am

Who are we to judge whether someone's deck construction is good or not? I know I personally have constructed extremely successful decks that go in the complete opposite direction of what most players build, but since it's not something you see normally, it'd probably receive a poor rating. I like the idea of rewarding someone for building an exceptional deck, but how are we going to decide what is good and what is not for a deck?

Second, I see absolutely no reason to make Exodia require a perfect score. No duelist on the planet is a perfect duelist. It simply just does not happen. There should always be a window for players to excel and perfection is unreasonable.

Third, siding shouldn't be scored in the system. While it is always a helpful thing to construct a good side-deck, it tells you nothing about a person's skill to put cards into a side-deck. If anything, players should receive extra points on top of the main points for siding.

Finally, I have to agree with Marr, attitude plays no part in determining whether a duelist is good or not.

I like the system, but it needs to be tweaked a little bit to receive my full approval. I didn't touch on the positive points because everything I didn't mention looks great to me, so I didn't feel the need to talk about those parts.
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:19 am

Zaphilia wrote:Who are we to judge whether someone's deck construction is good or not? I know I personally have constructed extremely successful decks that go in the complete opposite direction of what most players build, but since it's not something you see normally, it'd probably receive a poor rating. I like the idea of rewarding someone for building an exceptional deck, but how are we going to decide what is good and what is not for a deck?

Second, I see absolutely no reason to make Exodia require a perfect score. No duelist on the planet is a perfect duelist. It simply just does not happen. There should always be a window for players to excel and perfection is unreasonable.

Third, siding shouldn't be scored in the system. While it is always a helpful thing to construct a good side-deck, it tells you nothing about a person's skill to put cards into a side-deck. If anything, players should receive extra points on top of the main points for siding.

Finally, I have to agree with Marr, attitude plays no part in determining whether a duelist is good or not.

I like the system, but it needs to be tweaked a little bit to receive my full approval. I didn't touch on the positive points because everything I didn't mention looks great to me, so I didn't feel the need to talk about those parts.
    decks basically always need to follow a certain skeleton, this can be cjanged slightly but we all must agree that each deck has to include certain cards and in certain proportions, like hero beat needs to include stratos and alius. im pretty sure that good testers will be able to understand the basic structure needed in each deck and y some cards r good tech choices. an upsetting but true fact in yugioh is that every deck needs to follow some sort of pattern, and must include a certain skeleton. i think ill just remove exodia completely and make it invite only, like if u win a big turney or r rly active. siding needs to be scored. i cant tell u how many games ive won down to siding. siding is one of the most crucial parts in yugioh currently and a person who has a good side deck and able to make good choices will be able to win game 2 and 3. siding is so important, i cant stress it enough. i mainly include attitude to warn players to be nice xD, i hate it when i play just summon a card like infernity mirage (example) and my opponent just rage quits xD.
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:22 am

updated, put less emphasis on attitude and more on rulings
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:38 am

Implemented new system. If you would like to discuss the new system make a topic under DAL discussion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:14 pm