Duel Academy Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

SERIOUS REQUEST TO DAL!!!!!!

SERIOUS REQUEST TO DAL!!!!!! Empty SERIOUS REQUEST TO DAL!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:28 am

Ok I onlyaaron17 of SDA have a serious request. At SDA we are able to maintain members, keep them active with events and such, but on the other hand our Forum looks crappy compared to this one. While for DAL its vice-versa. I am offering that together we join as a academy combined, and reach to new heights for the future. Now I know that some you guys may bash this request, but think about it. This might really help in the near future, and I believe it will. I've been thinking about this for a copule of weeks, how no affiliates have been caring for others, but I really think both DAL & SDA joining academies would help. We need to be able to move onward to the school year, and upgrade as a community, to be able to keep up with academies like DA,WDA, etc.
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Timezone : GMT +0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, computer games, reading and writing.

SERIOUS REQUEST TO DAL!!!!!! Empty Re: SERIOUS REQUEST TO DAL!!!!!!

Post by DuelLegend Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:46 am

I do agree that it is vice-versa, lol. We've noticed that here Very Happy

How do you propose that be done?
    songsong1
    songsong1

Timezone : GMT+0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 am

bad idea, conflicting ideas and difference a serious difference in communities, trust me. im against this, although i love sda. rather than going for this last ditch effort, we should try to implement some of the new systems for testing. this is not needed and i dont think we should take the offer

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Infernity Doomlord wrote:bad idea, conflicting ideas and difference a serious difference in communities, trust me. im against this, although i love sda. rather than going for this last ditch effort, we should try to implement some of the new systems for testing. this is not needed and i dont think we should take the offer

There isnt any conflicting ideas, and differences that cant be fixed. We dont know until we try. Its not just about competition here, this is about bringing a "change".

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Nevermind it seems many disagree, so i guessed its called off x.x
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:28 pm

sorry man but this is dal, i like dal cus its dal. joining up with u guys mean it will become a different academy completely and we wont be dal anymore
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Timezone : Hidden
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Playing TCGs

Post by Marrillian Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:03 am

Are you saying that all your members will move over to this forum? How will we move over posts, or is there a merge forum option?
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:34 am

Marrillian wrote:Are you saying that all your members will move over to this forum? How will we move over posts, or is there a merge forum option?
    apparently they want us to move to their forum and help out with graphics, its a stupid no profit deal for us, forget this whole thing
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:02 am

Oh they want our awesome gfx team Razz
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:52 am

Marrillian wrote:Oh they want our awesome gfx team Razz
    pretty much xD
    (___ Reaper
    (___ Reaper

Timezone : -5
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by (___ Reaper Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:56 am

I say we join with them. However, Duel still gets to be the head-- and thus he has the power to decide who will and will not be an admin or moderator. Naturally the leader of the old academy would be an admin, but Duel would have to talk with him/her about the other staff members (as well as talk to the staff at that academy). I'm a fan of having the perfect amount of staff and here I don't think that we need much more than we have.

I think we need 1-2 more admins, 1-2 more moderators, and a couple more active teachers/ judges, however, the teachers/judges can wait because half the active academy we have now have staff positions.
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:36 am

(___ Reaper wrote:I say we join with them. However, Duel still gets to be the head-- and thus he has the power to decide who will and will not be an admin or moderator. Naturally the leader of the old academy would be an admin, but Duel would have to talk with him/her about the other staff members (as well as talk to the staff at that academy). I'm a fan of having the perfect amount of staff and here I don't think that we need much more than we have.

I think we need 1-2 more admins, 1-2 more moderators, and a couple more active teachers/ judges, however, the teachers/judges can wait because half the active academy we have now have staff positions.
    the plan is apparently for us to move to them, i saw it on their site, they just want our gfx skills and more members, we have nothing to gain, and besides, y? we r dal guys, joining up with them means we wont be dal anymore, and ive grown to love this community, it wont be the same when we mix with others

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:35 am

i agree with infernity, not just that but, where like a fmily here, there just people we dont know, it wouldnt be right and here we dont judge people on there skills, hwta if they do?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:44 am

Marrillian wrote:Are you saying that all your members will move over to this forum? How will we move over posts, or is there a merge forum option?

No that wasnt the "original plan". Obviously u were just bashing it, because my idea was that we would combine, benefitting the both of us. It would include your dorms and such, thats why its "combined" not, im going to use you because we need help. All in all, I did it to benefit DAL more than SDA, because you guys needed help the most. Honestly Infernity, it would do more good than harm, but you are so...ugh...Also to add to that, getting active members vs. Updated your forum to look nice, and keeping active members are on 2 different levels. Keeping someone active is a lot harder, than making a forum look nice, as we can totally see here at DAL.

Last edited by onlyaaron17 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:46 am

(___ Reaper wrote:I say we join with them. However, Duel still gets to be the head-- and thus he has the power to decide who will and will not be an admin or moderator. Naturally the leader of the old academy would be an admin, but Duel would have to talk with him/her about the other staff members (as well as talk to the staff at that academy). I'm a fan of having the perfect amount of staff and here I don't think that we need much more than we have.

Quote I said that to see if their answer were to change. I was the one who came up with the idea after all. The point was to persuade, and sometimes false accusations could mess it up.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:15 am

My question is if we can get forumotion to merge forums... that would be the best option.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:33 am

Infernity Doomlord wrote:

the plan is apparently for us to move to them, i saw it on their site, they just want our gfx skills and more members, we have nothing to gain, and besides, y? we r dal guys, joining up with them means we wont be dal anymore, and ive grown to love this community, it wont be the same when we mix with others

To add on to this the main reason our head admin, and a few others disagreed with this, is because a fellow member from DAL came to SDA, and spammed on the chatbox. Now would anyone disagree with someone going and spamming? x.x
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:02 am

Yea... that is not good...

Last edited by Marrillian on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Timezone : GMT +0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, computer games, reading and writing.

Post by DuelLegend Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:33 pm

onlyaaron17 wrote:

To add on to this the main reason our head admin, and a few others disagreed with this, is because a fellow member from DAL came to SDA, and spammed on the chatbox. Now would anyone disagree with someone going and spamming? x.x

What was the name they signed up with?
    (___ Reaper
    (___ Reaper

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by (___ Reaper Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:43 am

Well, I still like the idea of merging if duel gets to be the head. He's a very capable leader. The only reason why their aren't more active members is because of lazy staff such as myself. But, with that said I'm not going to follow another leader. ^~^

@ It was probably Fin-fin! Their was a time when he would mess around and post like crazy in other academies chats and take pictures of it, lmao. It's not really something for your head admins to be upset about. A quick clear and ban. then it's all over with. You can think of an academy as an organization when everyone is free to do whatever they want (as long as it's within the rules at their respective academy). Thus, you can't blame one member actions on the WHOLE academy.

Members aren't some type of sheep we can herd-- tell them what they can and cannot do in their free time.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:52 am

Hey reaper... TBH the staff are the most active on the site Razz
    (___ Reaper
    (___ Reaper

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by (___ Reaper Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:34 am

Yeah, but it's not like we are actively trying to recruit (Cept Doom) and or do events. Duel's really the only one that handles that stuffs.

Turtles. 9/11/12
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:03 am

I never signed up to be a recruiter...
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:23 am

onlyaaron17 wrote:

finry finry, xDDDD
    (___ Reaper
    (___ Reaper

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by (___ Reaper Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:41 am

lmao.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:27 pm