Duel Academy Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Early Game [Advanced]

songsong1
    songsong1

Timezone : GMT+0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

The Early Game [Advanced] Empty The Early Game [Advanced]

Post by songsong1 Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:37 pm

First Turn Plays
    Every deck needs solid first turn plays, no matter what deck it is. If you don’t understand what a first turn play is, let me explain; a first turn play is the summoning or setting of a monster that hinders your opponent’s moves or sets you up for the rest of the game or might even do both. Examples of first turn plays are Tour Guide into Zenmaines, summoning a Card Trooper and using its effect or setting a Ryko facedown. One of the decks that has fallen off the radar ever since Worlds 2010 is Frogs. The main reason for this is the lack of a first turn play, which means the deck does not have enough speed to keep up with current decks. An example of a deck that does have solid first turn plays is Dino Rabbit. One of and the main reasons it has been dominating recently is the fact that it has 6 very strong first turn plays: 3 Tour Guide and 3 Rescue Rabbit. Add to this the fact that the deck can still summon a powerful beatstick such as Sabersaurus and then overlay into a boss next turn makes the speed of this deck very frightening indeed. Now take a look at your own deck, and if it does not have or lacks strong first turn plays, try adding copies of Tour Guide and a Sangan or something else that will work for your deck.

Be Resourceful

Often people find themselves losing duels to simple cards such as Dark Hole and Heavy Storm. This is because they aren’t resourceful and use too many cards too early. To avoid this situation, simply put down on the field only what you need. From my experience of playing this game, I find that setting 1 or 2 backrow on the beginning turn ample, as it provides the protection needed and means that you don’t immediately lose the game to Heavy Storm. This also means that you have other resources in your hand for later on in the game.

Thinking about Winning
    After seeing what deck your opponent plays and what they have placed on the field, start looking at your hand and field and think about how you are going to win the game. This is important as it decides what cards you add to your hand with cards like Sangan or Pot of Duality, what cards you place on the field and what cards you keep in your hand. Along with every victory plan comes need for protection, or you could easily find yourself using up your whole hand and still not winning because of an effectively placed Solemn Warning.

Lesson Task
    Now that you understand how to play in the early game, I would like you to tell me the most optimal play in this situation. Your opponent has a Stardust Dragon and a Blue-eyes White Dragon both in attack position, one set facedown and 2 cards in their hand. You have no cards on the field, no cards in the grave and 6 cards in your hand, which are Tour Guide, Double Summon, Smashing Ground, Gorz the Emissary of Darkness, Solemn Judgment and Caius the Shadow Monarch with a Zenmaines and a Leviathan Dragon in the extra deck and Sangan as the only target for Tour Guide. Effect Veiler is currently the only searchable card with Sangan's effect. This task will be closed when someone solves it and the person who solves this task will be rewarded with LP (amount will be discussed with DuelLegend).

Conclusion
    Thank you very much for taking your time to read this lesson and I hope it was able to help you. If you have any comments or suggestions, please tell me, as this is my first lesson in this academy and I aim to improve. Also tell me what else you would like to see in the future and if you have any questions you would like to ask, just ask xD. That’s it for now.

-Songsong1

The Early Game [Advanced] Empty Re: The Early Game [Advanced]

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:12 am

Summon Tour Guide, and ss in defense. Sangan. Activate Double summon. The I summon Caius by tributed Sangan, and get sangan eff, adding effect veiler, while also banishing Stardust. Next i activate smashing on the Blue eyes. Before setting cards I attack directly, and see if my opponent does a move with the card in hand. If not I proceed to MP2 and set solemn judgement.
    songsong1
    songsong1

Timezone : GMT+0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:16 am

onlyaaron17 wrote:Summon Tour Guide, and ss in defense. Sangan. Activate Double summon. The I summon Caius by tributed Sangan, and get sangan eff, adding effect veiler, while also banishing Stardust. Next i activate smashing on the Blue eyes. Before setting cards I attack directly, and see if my opponent does a move with the card in hand. If not I proceed to MP2 and set solemn judgement.
    not quite right, but defintely the second best option

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:14 pm