Duel Academy Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Faye Fang Kaew
(___ Reaper
6 posters

IDEAS FOR THE FORUM

(___ Reaper
    (___ Reaper

Timezone : -5
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

IDEAS FOR THE FORUM Empty IDEAS FOR THE FORUM

Post by (___ Reaper Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:53 am

IDEAS

Alright, so all of these are ideas for the forum. I would appreciate it if all staff members reply to this post giving my ideas feedback or suggestions. Because there are quite a few ideas I’m probably not going to go too in depth on the idea because if it is accepted then it will be polished at that point. Translate: these are more or less my side notes. LOL
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DAL’s First League

• This is a league where duelists alike battle their way to get to
    the top of the Blacklist and reign as number one duelist.

“BEFORE THE COMPETITIONS BEGIN- we have chosen the top ten most active members to participate. If things start rolling and we start getting more members who want to participate, we will increase the number of positions available. The Blacklist will be arranged in an order deemed such by the Headmaster and Admins of the forum. The placement of the opening positions of the Blacklist will not be questioned. This is final by all Admins, both current and future. If one wishes to be removed from the Blacklist, one can simply notify an Admin and he/she will be removed from the competitions.

In order to move up in the ranks, you must simply defeat the next ranked duelist in a match of best 2/3. Blacklist Leader, your task is to maintain your position.

ALL match results should be posted and confirmed by the opponent in order for the list to be modified. Each match result should have it's own thread. DO NOT use another result post as your own. This will aid the Admin in keeping the Blacklist up-to-date. Once the results have been adjusted to the Blacklist, the posted results will be locked in the Results thread.

If defeated, you must allow that duelist the chance to challenge his next opponent. If after that match, he/she is still in the next rank, you may challenge to recover your rank. You must also allow the rank below you the chance to prove him/herself.

If the next ranked duelist is in a duel, please be patient and await the results of the match to see who you will be challenging.

The decks to be used for Blacklist Yugioh will be personal decks. Only the top 5 Blacklist Holders may change his/her deck. If such a change is made, the new deck being used must be updated in the corresponding form listing, before continuing in Blacklist.

Deck editing will be permitted, however only minor adjustments. (Deck archetypes Must remain the same. For example, if you are running Inzectors, you may change your playing strategies, but you Must continue to play with Inzectors.)

Upon challenging the next ranked duelist, your opponent will be permitted a 30 minute grace period in which to begin the match. Failure to follow this guideline will ensure a loss of the challenge.

Again, challenges can only be made when both duelists are online and available to duel.

These are the basis for Blacklist League. If ANY problems arise, inform an Administrator of such problem and proof of the problem in the appropriate thread.
    -Be cautioned, if you are found to be using any of these rulings in a way to get moved up in the ranks, you will be removed from the League and will be placed in a period of probation. Repeat offenses will result in a more severe punishment.

Check the Blacklist League frequently to see what needs to be done to rise up in the competition.

Have fun Duelists, and good luck in reaching the top!”
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Team Missions

I thought it would be a really cool idea to give team missions to complete. These missions can range from posting a certain amount to having a inner team tournament; we can get as creative as we want. This would also encourage joining a team because after the tasks are complete they will get a LP reward. This really only leaves us with two options for installing this update. The first is that we could make in essence a ‘mission board’ where teams choose the hard missions for extra LP; we could also give experience and the higher the teams experience the better missions they can get. Leading off from that is that we assign each team with a mission individually and the more missions they do the higher the LP they gain.
    New Smiley’s

It seems that allot of people have wanted the troll face smiles installed. I think that we should have allot more smiley’s. Creative and fun ones always brighten up a forum. I and any GFXer, or at least people that can render, should take responsibility for making more smiley’s for the forum.
    SUPER awesome fun Deck Testers!

Ever have a deck that you’ve just made…but you’re not quite sure how good it is? You may contemplate asking a friend but in the end you end up dueling someone random who happens to use meta? Or maybe you wanted meta? Well fret no more! Why not just rent a Deck Tester? Having a few Deck Tester’s will open up new jobs on the forum. They will have little to no privileges but will be given a reward instead (like an achievement). So what is a D.T. (deck tester)? Well, a DT would be pretty much a hand for higher in order to test someone’s deck. They will NOT use their own decks but instead they will use decks generated by the academy. A member will be able to go into the new forum area and ask for a deck test, then he/she will choose a difficulty level or easy, medium, hard, extremely hard: or something like that. Side not: still not sure if they should have to pay LP’s for it…
    Major Announcements

I think we need to tidy up major, or ANY announcements made. What I mean is that typically announcements are just the test themselves. I think we should make it look nicer by at least putting them into some kind of table or box (I can show examples later).
    New Forum: Strategy/Philosophy/News
    I think we need a forum like this to talk in general about maybe a certain play style, ect.; the cards that are needed in that play style, all that good jazz. In either case we definantly need news!! This will also make an article staff team that will manage the new/ posting it. Because Yu-Gi-Oh is largely centered around ‘what’s the new card’ or ‘who won the nationals’, ect.
    NEW EVENT: Capsule Monsters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Capsule_Monsters

“Set before the end of the Second Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series (Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters), between the Grand Championship and Dawn of the Duel,Capsule Monsters involves Yugi, Joey (Jonouchi), Téa (Anzu), Tristan (Honda), and Yugi's grandfather Solomon (Sugoroku) being pulled into a world where Duel Monsters are real. They find monster capsules that they can use to summon monsters. However, in this strange new world, they battle monsters and when their own monsters are attacked, they feel the pain.”

NOTE: This is not what would be put up for the members; it’s just an idea.

An unknown Yubel has appeared outside of the academy. In one swift and unforeseen even we have all been transferred to a new world where duel monsters are alive. Sadly, all decks have vanished and all that remains in your hand is a….capsule? Yes, a capsule! It seems unknown but familiar to the duelist. As he/she opens it up there seems to be a surge of monsters that appear, however you only notice one…

At the sign-up for this event if the player is accepted he/she will receive a monster card. To be fair all monster cards will be a key card in some type of meta or reasonable deck (it can’t be an ojama or piece of exodia lol).

Now that they notice the monster all the other cards now come into view.

They have to have X3 of this monster in their deck. No tier one decks are allowed. Again, they have to make a deck that has X3 of this monster in it.
    Not sure how to finish with Yubel though. lol
    NEW EVENT: Signers

Basically in this era, the crimson dragon is once again needs the assistance of the talented signers. This will be a championship to behold. The top spots get a set amount of LP amongst other goodies and an achievement of their sign. Only dragon decks can be used in this tournament. The Signers will also be highly respected and regarded when new events come out, ect.
    NEW PERMANENT EVENT: DECK MASTERS

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Deck_Master

This is essentially like a mini game for the academy. Users enter a digital world where they must choose a certain class. Each class has a different ability (a special ability for each class in the duel). Now that they are in the gaming world they can duel other players, the only catch is they get to choose their favorite card as a deck master…. This will be highly ruled because we don’t want people choosing a 4000 atk monster as their deck master. So despite the rules it will basically play out as the old yu-gi-oh deck masters where when the summoned deck master or the persons life points die they lose. And winning a duel gives DP. Also… there should be some other catch with this like a ‘King’ kind of deal so we can put like a bar on their profile for them to raise or something. BUT TO ME THIS SOUNDS FUN! I would play this like every day xD
    Unique Shop:

Despite the shop we have right now we need a more unique one. Like say ‘I use one of my saves that I bought at the store so my deck master doesn’t die’ kind of thing. Something that people will actually want to spend LP on. And that’s all for that….
    Card Maker

I feel like we need something more to be happening with the card maker… It’s just kind of like there. Idk if it needs to be like non-stop competitions or what, but something needs to happen…
    Status Update

Still working out the kinks on this one… but it would be cool to be able to let users choose from a list of status updates. I know this is bad… but I could just take some from a sight XD it’s not like they care.
    Put starter guide on the conveyer belt.

Also we could possibly make the thing that follows you with all the important links on the right hand side and call it a PDA?

Dorm Leaders

Last (for today) but not least. DORM LEADERS! I feel like we need one for each dorm. They won’t be considered staff (unless they are) but their activity will be monitored by mods. I feel like we need them to get events started in just the dorms. Whether its holding allot of tournaments for the dorms or having a greeting when you go into a new dorm with a check up every once and a while. + there could always be dorm vs. dorm battles. Something fun like that.
    Here are my ideas, let me know what you think! Please, ever person that reads this; even if it’s a simple I don’t like this idea.
    [/center][/center]

Last edited by Reaper on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:07 am; edited 9 times in total
    Faye Fang Kaew
    Faye Fang Kaew

Timezone : MST/MDT
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Yugioh, Kpop, ur mum

IDEAS FOR THE FORUM Empty Re: IDEAS FOR THE FORUM

Post by Faye Fang Kaew Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:00 am

Ermahgerd I lerv it.
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Timezone : GMT +0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, computer games, reading and writing.

Post by DuelLegend Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:53 am

Acacia wrote:Ermahgerd I lerv it.

Best post the Academy has ever had. I will install some of these things tonight and/or tomorrow. Who is with me?! Very Happy Very Happy
    (___ Reaper
    (___ Reaper

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by (___ Reaper Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 am

I'm here for whatever you need!!! AND WITHOUT ALL THOSE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS! lol
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by DuelLegend Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:31 am

Ugh, net died when I posted, here's a redo...

Who wants what?
    Added intro guide to the scroller
    I may do perm. events when I got PS again.
    (___ Reaper
    (___ Reaper

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by (___ Reaper Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:40 am

I want everything (: lol
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by DuelLegend Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:16 am

Do what you can then Very Happy
    Luckstar
    Luckstar

Timezone : GMT+8
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Luckstar Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:40 pm

OMG!! These suggestions are awesome!!
    I want 'em all!!
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by DuelLegend Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:42 pm

Let's get implementing, then!
    StalkerSam
    StalkerSam

Timezone : PARTY TIME
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    • Other

Post by StalkerSam Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:48 am

Lelouch ..... This is super awesome , hope the genius agrees to apply this
    Mr.wabbIt , I luv dis suggestions <3
    Fin Fin
    Fin Fin

Timezone : Eatsern St
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Fin Fin Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:40 pm

SOunds good, Let me know how i could help, Ill be more than happy to offer my services Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:49 pm