Duel Academy Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Fun Dragon Knight Otk

(___ Reaper
    (___ Reaper

Timezone : -5
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Fun Dragon Knight Otk  Empty Fun Dragon Knight Otk

Post by (___ Reaper Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:43 am

Hey guys! It's been a while sense anyone has posted a deck, so I thought I would go ahead and post a fun deck I've been playing with.

Deck: https://i.imgur.com/clAtQ.png

Don't mind the side deck and extra, tbh all you need is X3 DMK. But there is SO much stuff you can do with the side deck as well-- just keep that in mind (I'm just not interested in the other dragon fusions). ANYWAYS!

Basically what you do is draw, draw, draw, until you get the cards that you need to make your fusion/ get rid of the back row hate. Speaking of back row hate, it's actually really easy to deal with in this deck. Even if they starlight road you can still come back next turn with your trap negation. But sense I'm headed in the general 'deck weakness' discussion I'll go ahead and list them.

Weakness:
    - Starlight road (can get around it, but it's way more of a hassle.
    - Decks with multiple spell/trap negation (basically decks like infernities)
    - And apart from that I would say if the only card your opponent has on the side of it's field is a stardust (because if they have like 2 stardust or a stardust and another monster, you can just trib. them for golemn).

Now for the strengths.

Strengths:
    - It's super consistent. Like, if you aren't getting out at least X2 DMK per duel, then you're doing something wrong. You should be able to get out, with ease, X3 DMK on your 2nd or 3rd turn (all at once, or spread out).
    Like, I've only not gotten X3 out once, on someone that was playing so much negation back row.
    - It's really really good with letting you search/keep what you need in your hand, like Heavy or dark hole.

Changes:
    - The only thing that really needs to be changed (idk why I haven't done it yet) is -2 megamorph and +2 either starlight road or mystical (I personally would prefer starlight). Just in case they survive your otk, you don't want your monsters to be taken out with Torr, dark hole, mirror, ect.

Yeah! An amazingly fun deck to play, and an old school monster spam to boot. If you have any question let me know! Have fun bro's.
    songsong1
    songsong1

Timezone : GMT+0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Fun Dragon Knight Otk  Empty Re: Fun Dragon Knight Otk

Post by songsong1 Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:43 am

nice deck, i guess i have to show something i've been workin on now xD and y not lance over starlight road? its a far more versatile card and can be used in more situations, as well as on ur own turn
    (___ Reaper
    (___ Reaper

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by (___ Reaper Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:06 am

You have a good point. But I was mainly thinking that if you only draw into one lance or something, and then you get torren., it could be gg. But you usually heavy the back row anyways, so it really doesn't matter. :3
    songsong1
    songsong1

Timezone : GMT+0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:42 am

i mean starlight would be ideal, but the trouble is u gotta set it first, and with all the main traps running around the format r used in response to summons, i just dont see u being able to keep that dragon knight on the field long enough for u to actually use the starlight. at least with lance, u can save one of those dragon knights, starlight depends far too much whether u go first or second imo and id prefer to have a guaranteed way of protecting at least one of my dragon knights
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Timezone : Hidden
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Playing TCGs

Post by Marrillian Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:17 am

Too many hand destructions. I have faced a lot of decks which only have 1 or less cards in their hand at the end of their turn.
    (___ Reaper
    (___ Reaper

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by (___ Reaper Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:13 am

Doesn't matter all that much. That's really, really situational. And besides if they have one card you can do one day of peace to get them 2 cards. If they have 0 cards you can do one day of peace then set hand destruction, and whenever they draw (thus having 2 cards)-- you can activate hand destruction and ragweeds ef.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:58 am