Duel Academy Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Fin Fin
Marrillian
6 posters

Member Clean up

Poll

Member Clean Up

[ 0 ]
    Member Clean up I_vote_lcap0%Member Clean up I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Member Clean up I_vote_lcap40%Member Clean up I_vote_rcap [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Member Clean up I_vote_lcap0%Member Clean up I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Member Clean up I_vote_lcap60%Member Clean up I_vote_rcap [60%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Poll closed
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Timezone : Hidden
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Playing TCGs

Member Clean up Empty Member Clean up

Post by Marrillian Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:33 am

As I was discussing with DL in the chatbox... The amount of users relative to the activity probably does more harm then good. Yes, many users can make a site look more active, but if a person checking out the site inspects just a little more closely and looks up stats... You get where I am going.

Orriginal Proposal:
    So I proposed to DL to do a monthly clean up of the users:
    If someone has not posted and has not visited the site for 2+ weeks. Automatic removal.
    If someone has less then 10 posts, is dormless, and hasn't been on the site for 2 weeks, a inactivity email asking them to come back will be sent; a week no response and they will be removed..
    If someone is in a dorm, and hasn't been on for 3+ weeks (without notification), a inactivity email asking them to come back will be sent; two weeks no response, another email will be sent; two more weeks without response and they are removed (Unless they have been an active poster at some time on this forum).

New Proposal:
    If someone has not posted and has not visited the site for 2+ weeks. Automatic removal.
    If someone has less then 10 posts, is dormless, and hasn't been on the site for 2+ weeks, a inactivity email asking them to come back will be sent; two weeks no response and they will be removed...

What do you guys think? I think this will make people take this forum more seriously. And this can be posted in the Rules Section, so that people will know we take activity seriously.

Last edited by Marrillian on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Fin Fin
    Fin Fin

Timezone : Eatsern St
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Member Clean up Empty Re: Member Clean up

Post by Fin Fin Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:39 am

Bad idea i think, We will get inactive members, but what happens if they wanna come back and not check their email? i completely disagree with this idea
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Timezone : GMT +0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, computer games, reading and writing.

Post by DuelLegend Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:40 am

If they were truly interested in the site, surely the members would have visited again within three weeks, Gentleman?
    (___ Reaper
    (___ Reaper

Timezone : -5
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by (___ Reaper Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:41 am

I disagree as well. No academy does this. I could maybe see deleting members that have been inactive over or close to a year.... but even this it actually hurts the statistics. We only have so many members...
    Luckstar
    Luckstar

Timezone : GMT+8
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Luckstar Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:03 am

Why would we even remove members?! If they were truly interested on this site, they would post and get active. Disagreed too.
    StalkerSam
    StalkerSam

Timezone : PARTY TIME
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    • Other

Post by StalkerSam Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:09 am

its relatively opposite DL , you walk up into an academy seeing there are 5000 members..you would join of course , if they did the clean up you will find only 30...which will scare ya off like always , why scare them off before they register?!
    let them regiater , swallow the bait and find the shocking truth! (that is IF your academy i really dissapointing..unlike US!)
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:57 am

I don't understand how you guys think... If I were to come somewhere, see a "500" members, but only a few posts per day, that is telling me that the forum must be to boring for the rest of the members to post... Now if I see 50 members with the same amount of activity, I view the forum as young and try it out myself to see if it is worth staying...
    All I am saying is that, If I were to have seen this forum at this time, (not when there were only 5 other people) I would not have joined.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:50 pm

DL, we have too many people who have not done anything.

If someone has less then 10 posts, is dormless, and hasn't been on the site for 2+ weeks, a inactivity email asking them to come back will be sent; two weeks no response and they will be removed...

Now with the 5 post limit on dorm tests, we can really see who is going to assist the forum, and who just made an account for no reason.
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by DuelLegend Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Host a poll, see what everyone else thinks.
    StalkerSam
    StalkerSam

Software :
    • Duelling Network
    • Other

Post by StalkerSam Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:24 am

don't think he'll win the poll thingy
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:36 am

Poll Added.
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by DuelLegend Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:56 am

What's the difference between original and current?
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:04 am

Current is post n8, orriginal is post n1 with out the striked out part.
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by DuelLegend Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:16 am

You should probably clarify that in the first post then...

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:05 am

I voted no because I don't personally see a point to deleting members from the site. It just doesn't make sense. The internet is a fickle place, always has been, always will be. If activity is made a requirement to partake in this site, people are going to be less and less inclined to join. People want to join DAL to have fun, not feel like they have to be forced to stay active to be a part of it.

Rather than doing a bi-weekly removal of accounts, why not do a monthly or bi-monthly clean-up of dorms? If the members of a dorm are not active for 1-2 months, make them dormless and have to come back and make 5 new posts to show some activity before retesting them?
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:00 pm

Nah... I belive that once person has earned a rank, that person will always have it, unless they prove otherwise... It shouldn't be taken away.
    Now for clean up, why do you want a bunch of members who have done nothing? I understand about fun. And taht is why we only put a 5 post limit on testing. But if you don't plan to get involved in the forum, don't make an account to begin with... I don't understand how people will be scared away at the aspect of being part of the community. Isn't that the whole purpose of a forum?

I love how DL completely understands what I mean, and no one else seems to...

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:39 pm

I understand exactly what you mean, Marr, but we're on a forum. People have lives and other business to take care of. If we went by this suggestion, I could in the next few weeks find a job and that job could require me to put in a lot of time and effort, and I'd be too worn out to come post for a while. When I came back, my account would be gone. That'd make me pretty upset. I figure it'd be the same for most people.

I understand a lot of the accounts are people signing up to see what it's like, or people testing and being unhappy with the results so they quit, but what harm does it do to let them keep their accounts? Every forum in the world has this problem, and putting in an activity requirement will just make people go to one without one so they can feel they have more freedom.
    StalkerSam
    StalkerSam

Software :
    • Duelling Network
    • Other

Post by StalkerSam Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:32 am

An academy's fame is judged by its members , if a visitor checks and finds out only 30 members are around , he'll say its either a new academy or a failing academy , as a matter of fact that's what i do whenever i encounter an academy. besides you've got no idea about their inactivity , for example onlyaaron17 , he had to leave due to his life circumstances ,but eventually he came back if an inactive member finds out his account got got wiped out , you're like kicking him out , this isn't a military base where no attends=getting kicked out Razz.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:54 am

StalkerSam wrote:An academy's fame is judged by its members , if a visitor checks and finds out only 30 members are around , he'll say its either a new academy or a failing academy , as a matter of fact that's what i do whenever i encounter an academy. besides you've got no idea about their inactivity , for example onlyaaron17 , he had to leave due to his life circumstances ,but eventually he came back if an inactive member finds out his account got got wiped out , you're like kicking him out , this isn't a military base where no attends=getting kicked out Razz.

No, a forum is judged on its activity...
    But fine, I understand your points...
    And... Oh man... I was hoping for a military takeover Razz

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:02 am

No, a forum is judged on its activity...
    But fine, I understand your points...
    And... Oh man... I was hoping for a military takeover Razz

Well I can say this, just as a final words kinda thing: 500 members with 30 being regularly active still gives off a better initial impression than 30 members with 30 being active.

No one in their right mind ever minds a person keeping quietly to his or herself.

EDIT: If it's any consolation, I've been advertising my face off when it comes to this forum. On my personal accounts that I have on websites, places similar to Facebook I mean.
    Marrillian
    Marrillian

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Marrillian Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:44 am

Its not about being quiet... it is about not having any activity... If someone has one post a week.. it is better then no posts ever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content