Duel Academy Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Illusion Snatch

Faye Fang Kaew
    Faye Fang Kaew

Timezone : MST/MDT
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Yugioh, Kpop, ur mum

Illusion Snatch Empty Illusion Snatch

Post by Faye Fang Kaew Sun May 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Illusion Snatch 300px-IllusionSnatch-REDU-JP-R

When you Tribute Summon a monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and this card's Attribute, Type and Level become the same as the Tribute Summoned monster's.

Out of all of the cards in Return of the Duelist, this one caught my atention the most. THis card could single handedly bring back the reign of the Monarchs. This can be used in a variety of decks, hell you could even make weird hyrbid decks with this card and it would still be great.

This card in Monarchs is just great, it opens up a level 6 xyz engine (5 aswell if you're running Zaborg, but that's just silly). This card can be recycled with Constellar Ptolemys Messier 7 to quickly swarm the field, or you could use it in conjunction with Ultimate Offerings, Constellar Ptolemys Messier 7 and a Monarch hand to gain complete control over your opponent in a single turn.

Another potentional deck idea that I though of was using it in a Salvage Warrior/Quickdraw deck. You would special summon Quickdraw then tribute it for Salvage Warrior, whip out Illusion Snatch and get your Quickdraw Synchron back. I can't think of another deck that would have this great of a level 5 xyz engine except for Wind-Ups.

Salvage Warrior: When this card is Tribute Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Tuner monster from your hand or Graveyard.

Constellar Ptolemys Messier 7: 2 Level 6 monsters
    You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 1 face-up "Constellar" Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material, except "Constellar Ptolemys Messier 7". (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials of this card.) You cannot activate this card's effect the turn you Special Summon this card this way. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 monster on the field or in either player's Graveyard; return it to the hand.

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by sending 1 monster from your hand to the Graveyard. For a Synchro Summon, you can substitute this card for any 1 "Synchron" Tuner monster. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a monster that lists a "Synchron" monster as a Tuner.
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Timezone : GMT +0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, computer games, reading and writing.

Illusion Snatch Empty Re: Illusion Snatch

Post by DuelLegend Sun May 27, 2012 11:37 pm

I can't speak for the current meta as I haven't kept up, but I have to say that unless you have a card-searching combo set up already (like Gold Sarcophagus) then this card can quickly become situational and even a dead weight in the hand. Think about it - it requires a tributable monster in the hand as well as this card, and for a monster to tribute to be on your side of the field. When you do finally get it out, there lies the issue of other cards being on the field, like Mirror Force - so again, having a Dark Bribe or Solemn down to negate potential threats could become mandatory.

I'm not saying the card is terrible, but in a fast-moving meta that is found nowadays, I would rather run an extra Pot of Duality over this, as Duality isn't situational. Personally, the disadvantages outweigh the benefits.
    Faye Fang Kaew
    Faye Fang Kaew

Timezone : MST/MDT
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Yugioh, Kpop, ur mum

Post by Faye Fang Kaew Mon May 28, 2012 4:36 am

Cards like Mirror Force or Veiler shouldn't be brought up in a card discussion shouldn't be brought up as a viable counter to the discussed card because they are a definite counter to almost everything in the game.

About this card being situational, with all of the draw power and deck thining the current meta has, that shouldn't be a problem. And this card would mostly be played in Monarchs, where you would be running anywheres from 5 to 9 Monarchs and a lot of tribute fodder, so this card would very rarely be a dead draw.
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Timezone : GMT +0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, computer games, reading and writing.

Post by DuelLegend Mon May 28, 2012 4:55 am

Mirror Force can't really counter cards like Brionic can it, though? Wink

Anyway yeah, I'll let someone else give input.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 pm