Duel Academy Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Cardcar D

Faye Fang Kaew
    Faye Fang Kaew

Timezone : MST/MDT
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Yugioh, Kpop, ur mum

Cardcar D Empty Cardcar D

Post by Faye Fang Kaew Sun May 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Cardcar D 297px-CardcarD-GAOV-EN-ScR-1E

Cardcar D was the most hyped and talked about card in Galactic Overlord, but now that it's out very few people are actualy running it.

Personally, I believe Cardcar D as the potential to be a great card. It gives you a plus, but not being able to Special Summon or really conduct your turn seems to turn away a lot of people. I think Cardcar D has the potential to bring tier 3 and 4 decks up a tier or two, definitely not to Tier 0, but they may be able to hold their own against Tier 1 decks.

Decks such as Final Countdown or Exodia can benefit greatly from this card and may be seeing a lot more play than they are. Decks that are of a higher tier such as Gadgets and Chain Burn can also benefit greatly from this card. Gadgets can use Cardcar D without fear of its hindering effects by abusing the hell out of Ultimate Offering.

What's your opinions on this card? Why do you think it isn't seeing as much play as it was hyped to?
    Faye Fang Kaew
    Faye Fang Kaew

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Cardcar D Empty Re: Cardcar D

Post by Faye Fang Kaew Mon May 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Sorry for the double post, but adding on to the discussion, Cardcar D or Cyber Valley?

Cardcar D 300px-CyberValleyLCGX-EN-UR-1E

Through testing with my LaDD deck, I found that Cyber Valley can be abused in various different ways, without the drawbacks that you would receive from Cardcar D.

While you have to banish a monster along with Cyber Valley, that isn't much of a drawback, and you can even use this to your advantage. Utilizing cards like Mind COntrol and Enemy Controller, you can take control of your opponents monster and banish it with Cyber Valley to draw 2 cards, you can potentionally take out big monsters such as BLS or crds like Stardust Dragon like this.

Machine Dupilication with this card is just hilarious, don't even have to explain that.

Cardcar D 300px-PhotonSanctuary-PRC1-EN-ScR-1E

Photon Sanctuary is probably one of the first cards you should look at if you're running Cyber Valley because you can banish a token and Valley and draw 2 cards, leaving behind one token to defend against a lot of damage or a potential OTK.

What are your thoughts on Cyber Valley vs Cardcar D? Personally, I think Cyber Valley can be splashed in more decks with all of the support and shenanigans you can pull off with it.
    DuelLegend
    DuelLegend

Timezone : GMT +0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, computer games, reading and writing.

Post by DuelLegend Mon May 28, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm not a fan of Cardcar D (Notice how Konami just moved the "d" from the end of "card" to another word, thus the name should be cardcard? xDDDD) and I'd much rather run Cyber Valley over it any day. Cardcar D requires the giving up of a turn whilst Valley can be kept on the field to prevent an attack. You can also special summon in the same turn that Valley is brought out, special summon Valley itself and Valley is just in general, more versatile!

I might be biased, I run valleys.

On that note, Photon Sanctuary is interesting. But I'm hungry and I have to do some Geography, so I'll comment on it later Razz
    Faye Fang Kaew
    Faye Fang Kaew

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Faye Fang Kaew Tue May 29, 2012 9:03 am

I agree, I prefer Cyber Valley over Cardcar D anyday. However, decks that have no room for cards to support Cyber Valley (Sams, Sabers and decks like that) may wish to run Cardcar D over Valley, that is if the even want to run the extra draw power.
    (___ Reaper
    (___ Reaper

Timezone : -5
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by (___ Reaper Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:56 am

I actually think cad car d is more practical though... esp for synchros. I mean unless you have a tokens and expandable monsters cyber not so good? he's def easy to remove from the field without his ef activating...
    Faye Fang Kaew
    Faye Fang Kaew

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Faye Fang Kaew Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:58 am

Cardcar D is definitely more splashable than Valley, but I love Valley more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 am