Duel Academy Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

My deck I play at locals for fun

Faye Fang Kaew
    Faye Fang Kaew

Timezone : MST/MDT
    Software :
    • Duelling Network
    Job/hobbies : Yugioh, Kpop, ur mum

My deck I play at locals for fun Empty My deck I play at locals for fun

Post by Faye Fang Kaew Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Just a fun deck I ran online for a couple months before I tried it out IRL. It's a really fun deck to play that can hold it's own against the current meta.

https://i.imgur.com/IPWrOmo.png

Monsters: 34

Genex Undine x3
    Genex Controller x3
    Treeborn Frog x3
    Swap Frog x3
    Machina Gearframe x3
    Machina Fortress x3
    Caius The Shadow Monarch x3
    Light and Darkness Dragon x2
    Quickdraw Synchron x2
    Battle Fader x2
    Tragoedia x2
    Ronintoadin x1
    Jinzo x1
    Gorz, The Emissary x1
    Swap Frog x1
    Atlantean Marksman/Heavy Infantry x1 (Dunno which one I'll be running yet)
    Machina Cannon x1

Spells: 7
    Enemy Controller x3
    Forbidden Lance x3
    Dark Hole x1
    songsong1
    songsong1

Timezone : GMT+0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

My deck I play at locals for fun Empty Re: My deck I play at locals for fun

Post by songsong1 Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Explain what voodoo you have used! It makes no sense.

Anyways, I'm hijacking your thread now with my own froggies: https://i.imgur.com/6Au9jp6.png

I think this warrants evil laughter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns3M1Sj6x4o
    Faye Fang Kaew
    Faye Fang Kaew

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Faye Fang Kaew Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:21 am

The machinese and the waters have good synergy. Undine to get controller to Synch/Fortress fodder and to drop frogs. In the grave pretty much.
    songsong1
    songsong1

Timezone : GMT+0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:19 pm

http://brokenteampt.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/top-8-regional-lisbon-water-machina.html

Presuming you got the deck from this article. I read through the article and it seems like an interesting idea. I'm not sure if you wanted feedback, so I'll give you my opinion but you can feel free to ignore it if you wish.

First off I would say that LADD is a pretty outdated card. I would be more inclined to run 2 copies of Mobius the Mega Monarch in its place, since LADD is not that hard to get over if your opponent activates 2 monster hate cards in a single chain. With Mobius, most of the time your opponent won't be able to respond to its summon and it deals with threats instantly, whereas with LADD, your opponent can still play around it using chains to their advantage and not have to lose 3 cards. Also, if you have a random Caius hanging around on the field, you can use it for something worthwhile. Mobius is an immediate plus for you, whereas LADD still gives your opponent turns to draw into answers, so the plus is not as instant. The game right now is too fast for slow cards.

I'd also take out Jinzo. Yet again, the plus is not instant and a 2400 monster body is not that hard for your opponent to get rid of with spells and monsters. I'd replace it with Dark Dust Spirit, which is a fantastic card, especially since it does not target but is area of effect. So many cards stop effects that target nowadays.

3 Treeborn seems excessive when you have 3 Undine and 3 Swap Frog. Take it down to 2. I'd replace it with Dandylion, which gives Quickdraw another role in the deck. The Drill Warrior Dandy loop basically gives you endless fodder for tributing or as a wall, since I think the Quickdraw needs another purpose in this deck. If you only draw Dandy without Quickdraw, you can still set it and generate tribute fodder for the next turn.

I'd get rid of Tragoedia. Between Quickdraw, Fortress and Swap Frog you aren't going to have giant hands. I'd replace it with 2 Ghostrick Jackfrosts. The beautiful thing about Jackfrost is that it doesn't target, since so many things stop targeting, and it flips your opponents monster face down in damage step. This is beautiful against cards like Felgrand, Dracossack and Stardust Spark (especially as Mythic Rulers are the new hype since Soul Charge came out).

I'd just get rid of the Lances. The only thing the deck is really afraid of is Warning, as Bottomless, TT and Compulse really don't hinder the deck much at all and the risk of running into Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill is too small to warrant three places in the deck. I'd get 2 Veilers in there, since you need them for protection. If you are afraid of floodgates, just side in MSTs on game 2.

Finally, add at least 2 Soul Charge! This card is too broken not to run. With the addition of Soul Charge, add in Obelisk since getting enough tribute fodder shouldn't be too much too much of a problem.

As for the extra, add Ghostrick Dullahan. Halving your opponent's monster's atk is too good, and you can recycle Jackfrost if it dies. I personally prefer Junk Destroyer to Nitro Warrior but that's just me. I'd also get rid of Gaia and add in Herald of Pure Light, which is such a good card IMO. I understand budget might be an issue but Exciton Knight or 101 are better than Maestroke. I'd try to fit in Stardust or Stardust Spark, which are only about 5 each.

I'm intrigued by the deck after reading the article, since it seems like a fun deck and it must be decent considering it was able to top a regional, even if it was a Portugese one. I'll try out the deck and see what results I get. How have you been doing at your locals?
    Faye Fang Kaew
    Faye Fang Kaew

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Faye Fang Kaew Fri May 02, 2014 3:50 pm

I found this deck on DN. I thought it was cool so I remade it off the guy's list he showed me. I've won every week I've played it (even though there is little competition at my locals, still some really good guys) I haven't changed it at all since I made it so it'll be very outdated like you said haha.

I'll definitely try out the changes you made and see how I like them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 pm