Duel Academy Legends

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Necruta's RP ideas

Poll

which RP would you rather like to RP in.

[ 0 ]
    Necruta's RP ideas I_vote_lcap0%Necruta's RP ideas I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Necruta's RP ideas I_vote_lcap67%Necruta's RP ideas I_vote_rcap [67%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Necruta's RP ideas I_vote_lcap33%Necruta's RP ideas I_vote_rcap [33%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Poll closed
    Necruta

Timezone : GMT+1
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Necruta's RP ideas Empty Necruta's RP ideas

Post by Necruta Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:09 am

okay I currently have 2 RP idea's which are almost ready to go please vote in which RP you'd rather RP

Yu-Gi-Oh RP

This RP takes place in a world similar to the one in the Duel terminal.

Basic plot

The world has been taken over by the armies of the Darkworlds, hieractic dragons, (in)Verz/steel/evilswarm, machines, and the undead.
    There are people all over the world standing up against them and trying to exterminate them but so far almost everyone either got killed imprisoned or brainwashed to help them. There are however still 3 armies which oppose them for now. The six samurais under the order of Shi En. The heroics under the control of excalibur and the Gem knights under the watchful eye of Crystal.

In this RP you guys will RP as an yu-gi-oh monster which is opposing the (evil) armies and trying to stop the invasion
    (RP level normal)

Dranire RP

Dranire is a country of my own creation.
    Dranire is a country in which every person is able to use magic till some extend. Unlike normal mages which are born into a specific element, the Dranirians are elementless and can learn different elements depending on their talent in learning and mastering magic and spells.
    They start to go to school at the age of 5 in which they learn the basics of magic, creating stuff and learning how to attack with solidified magic. This school is availible for everyone and everyone is forced to go to it. After that they a either continue their schooling in magic but it will cost a substantional amount of money each year but in return they will learn elemental magic or they are going to work and use their magic to help the soldiers, hunters or just do basic jobs for the goverment.
    There aren't many laws in Dranire exept the basic ones, don't steal/kill/rape ect. ect. However there are 2 laws that are very specific for Dranire.
    "Something isn't magic when it requires physical contact to either attack or defend".
    "Physical weapons are forbidden, if you own a physical weapon and you don't have the intention to bring it to the government you will get the death pentalty"
    Although there are magical weapons which are created around a limb as long as the limb does not touch the opponents body it's fine. But as soon as it does and the soldiers/police sees it they will immidiately arrest you on sight. After that they will bring you to the house of sealing in which they will seal your magic power away. After that they ban you for life.
    However they have made 1 exception to this rule, Kialo, since at the time he was the only one who used "physical" magic which allowed him to beat a warlock which nullified all projectiles who were shot at him. After he defeated him the government still sealed his powers however if he got new non-physical magic powers he could stay in Dranire and start a school to teach people magic

In this RP you will be attending Kialo's school and learn elemental magic, and will participate in the various magic tournements in Dranire.
    (RP level: high)

Or if you have an idea of your own please post it

Necruta's RP ideas Empty Re: Necruta's RP ideas

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:22 am

Yu-Gi-Oh a RP! Just a question, will we RP as monsters in cards? (EG, will we only be summoned by free people?)
    songsong1
    songsong1

Timezone : GMT+0
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:59 am

'A war has broken out in the Yu-Gi-Oh world between the ninjas and the samurai. They fight for an ancient treasure called the Anjun Jade, a treasure originally taken from the ninjas, now owned by Great Shogun Shien. The treasure is said to have created Japan, but no one understands how to access its power. They both believe that the treasure is rightfully theirs. Which side will you fight for? Ninjas or Samurai?'

Basically, you pick a side: ninjas or samurai. After that, players do the traditional RP thing, but a point system is used. Your side gains a certain amount of points if you win a match. Side with most amount of points wins at the end and gains prizes. Therefore, we can not only have an event for RP fans, but also an event for competitive Yu-Gi-Oh players who may not be so interested in RPs, such as myself.
    Flying Pig
    Flying Pig

Timezone : sky
    Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Flying Pig Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:02 am

Now this is something interesting! Except it makes as much sense as the show (dueling to settle stuff ??) LOL
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:04 am

Flying Pig wrote:Now this is something interesting! Except it makes as much sense as the show (dueling to settle stuff ??) LOL
    Yu-Gi-Oh RPs were never something that could make sense, let alone normal RPs lol.
    Necruta

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Necruta Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:23 am

... Wait, that would mean that all we would do is just Duel. If great shogun shi en owns the jade then how are they going to duel if they are the monsters themself? If you are going to do something like this, it would be better if we RP as either the SS or the Ninjas, but not duel.
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:49 am

Necruta wrote:... Wait, that would mean that all we would do is just Duel. If great shogun shi en owns the jade then how are they going to duel if they are the monsters themself? If you are going to do something like this, it would be better if we RP as either the SS or the Ninjas, but not duel.
    Shesh, things don't always need to make sense. Dueling is like their way of fighting. I honestly do think we need to integrate dueling in though as it makes it more fun and appeals to a wider audience.
    Flying Pig
    Flying Pig

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Flying Pig Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 am

Indeed^
    But you need to state if the duels are going to be RP (turn by turn) or DN.
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Flying Pig wrote:Indeed^
    But you need to state if the duels are going to be RP (turn by turn) or DN.
    DN, but we can roleplay in the duels and I can get my recording stuff out, to make it seem more RP like.
    Necruta

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Necruta Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:24 pm

And infernity what you posted as an RP is just a tournemet not an RP, as far as I can see it's just duel after duel after duel and little to non-character development. Even so I can't get past the fact that you are basicly saying that the SS will be summoning themself in duels. Everything you said about an RP not making much sense, that is true however the PLOT always is solid and in your 'RP' the weakest link is the plot. So I personally think it's better to make your idea an 'RPish' tournement and not an sctual.RP. Then again that is just my opinion.
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:42 pm

Necruta wrote:And infernity what you posted as an RP is just a tournemet not an RP, as far as I can see it's just duel after duel after duel and little to non-character development. Even so I can't get past the fact that you are basicly saying that the SS will be summoning themself in duels. Everything you said about an RP not making much sense, that is true however the PLOT always is solid and in your 'RP' the weakest link is the plot. So I personally think it's better to make your idea an 'RPish' tournement and not an sctual.RP. Then again that is just my opinion.
    Not really, we can turn points into items integrated in the story and matches are set up in the story, so that they are part of the plot too. Besides, when does Yu-Gi-Oh ever make sense xD. It could be like each player writes their own bit of the story and carries it on, then when a duel takes place, we record it, the characters are still RPing and we add it onto the story, so at the end, we have one complete story with duels. Well anyway, if Pig gives me permission, I'm gonna try and get this going. Would need people to help write the story though xP.
    Necruta

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Necruta Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:08 pm

You failed to see my point, there is no character development because we are using fixed characters. That is what most RPs are about character development during the plot, while now we are gettingfixed characters shoved through our troats and we just have to deal with it. You are saying you want to appeal to a wider audience however an RP is still an RP and tjus the people who don't like to RP won't rpsince they still have to rp during the duels. So I think it's better to start a good solid RP so that the people who want to RP will have a good time instead of a neh time since we have to adjust the quality of the RP sincthe newer rpers have to be able to have a good time aswell.

So personally I'd say don't start your RP idea yet and wait untill we have the RP zone up and running with frequent posts and active RPers.
    Flying Pig
    Flying Pig

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Flying Pig Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:25 am

oh Sad
    Necruta

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Necruta Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:31 am

Flying seem to prefere the Dranire RP so which of the 2 others do you guys prefere so that I can start up an RP
    songsong1
    songsong1

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by songsong1 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:05 am

Necruta wrote:You failed to see my point, there is no character development because we are using fixed characters. That is what most RPs are about character development during the plot, while now we are gettingfixed characters shoved through our troats and we just have to deal with it. You are saying you want to appeal to a wider audience however an RP is still an RP and tjus the people who don't like to RP won't rpsince they still have to rp during the duels. So I think it's better to start a good solid RP so that the people who want to RP will have a good time instead of a neh time since we have to adjust the quality of the RP sincthe newer rpers have to be able to have a good time aswell.

So personally I'd say don't start your RP idea yet and wait untill we have the RP zone up and running with frequent posts and active RPers.
    When did I say I was going to hand out characters? Did I ever say you weren't allowed to develop them? All you have to do is choose a side and then your character is completely up to you. I believe we need dueling though, and it adds more fun to the RP. I doubt many people will join if you don't include dueling. Seems like the only people who would currently go for that stuff is Pig and you, and we can't hold an event for 2 people. Besides, we've held an RP event that included dueling called Moonlight Duels, and that worked incredibly well.
    Necruta

Software :
    • Duelling Network

Post by Necruta Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:32 am

You said the Jade was in the hands of the Six Samurai so if you want to "protect" the Jade then your character has to be affiliated with the SS and of course since you mentioned Great Shogun Shi en and because of that his personal clan also has to be in the RP and thus someone has to RP them, unless you want to RP with 15 characters at the same time most of us have to RP as some of them thus giving us fixed characters. The reason Moonlight Duels worked well was because you didn't have to RP if you didn't want to, I however am trying to set up a place where everyone can RP without bugging anyone so that the people who don't want to RP aren't facing someone who wants thus resulting in a better and friendlier RP enviroment in which no one bugs someone who doesn't like RPing.

Also you assumed that Acacia didn't want to do the dranire RP, that and ever thought about the fact that people can make multiple characters in the same RP? That can be done /if/ you don't have to duel which would allow us to have an active RP with not many people, if I have to I would make 3 or even 4 characters just to keep the RP active.

So just a DL;DR yes you are giving fixed characters, multiple characters in a RP per person would allow RPs with little characters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content